After cleaning my house for the last 10 years with vinegar and nose plugs, I have made the switch to Thieves Oil for my entire house. This includes windows, counter-tops, floors, toilets, and everything in between. You can even clean carpets with it! Not only is it effective at destroying germs (even airborne pathogens), but it smells amazing.
What is in Thieves Household Cleaner?
- Clove Essential Oil
- Lemon Essential Oil
- Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Rosemary Essential Oil
- Deionized Water
- Alkyl Polyglucoside
- Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate derived from coconut
- Disodium 2- Sulfolaurate (natural & plant based)
- Soy Lecithin (a natural emulsifier)
I personally follow the 1 parts cleaner to 30 parts water for 90% of the weekly cleaning, but here are some more magical potion ratios:
- Carpet & Floors (including wood): 1 cap to 7 cups of water (or in the carpet cleaning machine)
- Glass: 1 part solution to 50 parts water (although the 1:30 works with minimal streaking also)
- Degreasing: 1 part solution to 15 parts water
- Dishwasher cleaning: 1 cap added to bottom of dishwasher
- Laundry: 1-3 caps depending on size of the load
As always, keep the cleaning solution out reach of little hands and paws (children and pets). This is a safe cleaner for children to use while they help ALONGSIDE you cleaning. If they are older and more responsible not to drink it or spray it in another sibling’s eyes, then I maybe solo cleaning while you kick your feet up and relax is OK. The cleaner is not safe for ingestion and must be respected even though it is natural.
Would you like some? Click HERE to contact The Oil Tribe and order some! Or just contact us if you want to learn more about the amazing powers of essential oils on both your health and your life.